Samstag, 18. September 2010

Newsflash: Recovering soapholic relapses!

Hi there! I was very busy those last couple of months and I was shocked to find that the last soap I made is dated from September 2009 (the posts are always lagging behind the real soapmaking, so you haven't even seen the soap from last September). From time to time, I helped out at other soapmakers', but I had no leisure to create my own. But now that I have loads of spare time on my hands, I'm back to my old soapmaking tricks. You won't be able to see the fruits of my most recent endeavours until I've caught up on posting all the other soaps though.

So in order to quickly catch up, here's a soap from last summer which I made with my friend E.

Little Miss Sunshine

Apart from the usual basic oils, we put cocoa butter and apricot kernel oil in and scented the base with a sea buckthorn perfume oil which made the fluid base harden very fast. We had dyed it a lovely orangey yellow, poured it into E's new moulds and optimistically named it "Little Miss Sunshine". Well, the soap completely absorbed the yellow oxide and turned a lame beige.


Initially, we were a little disappointed, BUT! this soap turned out so well! Even though there are no dairy products in it, it still makes the softest, creamiest lather you could wish for. Must be the apricot kernel oil?! It's such a nicens little soapie, and though I usually willingly give away my best soaps so that others may be converted to soapism, I cannot part with the last bars of this soap. All mine! MWA! MWAHAHA! *Making off with bars firmly clutched to chest, laughing dementedly*


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen